Close Menu
2 Toxic Shock In Motherwell
You are here: BBC SCHOOL REPORT 2011 > 2 National/Scottish News > 2 Toxic Shock In Motherwell


Toxic Shock In Motherwell


Lawyers acting for people who fear their homes were built on contaminated land. The toxic material on Motherwell is beyond safe levels.


The house was built in the 1900s and local residents have blamed their illnesses for the contamination. Some things that have happened because of the chemicals are people coughing blood up and feeling sick. Some of the worst cases include brain damage and cancer.


People from Motherwell in that estate are concerned about the toxic contamination and people close to that area fear that the contamination might spread.


By Stephanie Thomson, Hazel Easton and Amy McInalty.